I have a bunch of files at Cloud Storage that I need to parse and insert
into Cloud SQL once per day.
The operation takes about an hour on a n1-standard-2 instance, and then
~10mins to insert the data into Cloud SQL.
My idea of design to solve this problem with GAE is:
1. Define a scheduled task in GAE, it does a HTTP request to a URL
2. Create a URL handler that can respond to the HTTP req mentioned above
in GAE, it’s main task would be to boot a GCE instance
3. The GCE instance would be based on a template where it does a few
things automatically at boot:
1. Download the file from Cloud Storage
2. Parses it
3. Inserts the data into Cloud SQL
4. Shuts down
Would this be the best design to solve the problem?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Google App Engine" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.