Hey Gerhard,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this
on my end. Could you clarify / provide some of the following information?

1. What version of python and pip are you running?
2. What does your PYTHON_PATH environment variable look like?
3. What is the full stack trace of the error when it appears?

With that information, we'll be closer to determining why it happens on
your system.

I should also mention that generally, issues should be reported in the
Public Issue Tracker, but here's fine for now.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3ebe5025-a80e-4b5e-a696-8f737a010183%40googlegroups.com.