Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for sharing your questions here!  As your question is about running
modules of different runtimes in the development environment, I would
suggest that you post to a new thread for things like this in the future.
 Nevertheless, I'll respond in this one.

As far as I'm aware, it's not really possible to run Java and non-Java
modules/services in a single development environment at the same time.  You
would need to run both *dev_appserver.sh* for the Java modules and
*dev_appserver.py* for the non-Java modules.  You will also probably want
to specify *--admin_port* and *--port*
for *dev_appserver.py* to ensure it doesn't attempt to use ports already
bound to *dev_appserver.sh*.

As for inter-module communication, I don't think you'll be able to use the
to send messages between modules locally though they should work when
deployed to production.  From memory, the local development version of the
modules service does not scan for ports bound to *dev_appserver*-related
instances but rather uses whatever ports are selected when a particular
*dev_appserver* instance is loaded.  It thus, would not be aware of modules
running on different instances of *dev_appserver*.

By specifying the ports to be used however, you could store the ports in an
environment variable and have your development code issue requests to those
ports.  The downside is that said code would not be useful in production as
it would not take advantage of internal module-to-module communication.

I hope the above answers your questions.  If you have any additional
questions or specific examples, they are certainly welcome!