Hi there folks,

Apologies for the delayed response.  We definitely hear you in that our
existing public issue tracker has not been kept up to date as best as we’d
like.  That being said, a few comments on the original post here.

As mentioned, many issues have been closed as duplicate, invalid, etc.
 I’ve scanned through a bunch of these issues and they all involve a member
of the Cloud Support team working with the user who posted the issue.  The
final comment in these issues include a description of why the issue was
being closed with the specific status.  As well, a lot of the issues logged
are unique problems with customer applications and not necessarily issues
with the platform.

Our Cloud Support team has been doing a great job at triaging the issues as
they come in.  A lot of these issues have been later overlooked as we are
missing a connection between our internal and external system.

There are plans underway to migrate the public issue tracker to a new
system.  In preparation we will soon be doing a bankruptcy of sorts, on
issues that are quite old and have not been modified in some time.  We’ll
post full details to this group in advance.  Once the new system is in
place we will do our best to keep the issues in good shape.

Regarding the App Engine standard environment, there is no deprecation
coming.  We are excited about the updates to the App Engine flexible
environment that were just announced
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/python/upgrading>, which
will run alongside the standard environment.  We are committed to both
environments, with both providing unique advantages.  We are also excited
about upcoming enhancements to the standard environment that will start to
show up early in 2017, beginning with the Java 8 runtime.

Cheers,

Lorne.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/c67b1086-5b4f-481b-81bf-49af56bb154a%40googlegroups.com.