Hello,

Apologies in advance if I've missed something stupid but after an entire
evening of Googling and messing around I can't seem to get any further with
this issue.

I have a nodejs express API which has CORS enabled (allowing "*" for the
time being) and works fine when uploaded to a web server I have outside of
Google Cloud.

I'm trying to use it with AppEngine though (for scalability among other
things). This is where I'm running into issues though.

The URL that is consistent for a service
(https://[service-name]dot[project-name][project-id]/) redirects to a
deployment-specific URL
(https://[deployment-timestamp][service-name]dot[project-name][project-id]/).

If I use the deployment-specific URL in my code then again everything works
fine. If, however, I swap out the deployment-specific URL for the
consistent service URL (which redirects) then I simply get a 307 response
(to the OPTIONS request) and the request fails at that point. I can't even
get the location response header from the 307 OPTION response as this
information is not given back to the JavaScript function that initiated the
request.

What can I do to get around this? This must be a common issue that people
regularly run into but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/87a58f33-e2d0-47de-832a-bc1f914aa887%40googlegroups.com.