Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the feature request. Cost-optimizing and priority queues are
definitely something we're considering down the road. Right now we are
focused on getting Cloud Tasks to Generally Available before we prioritize
new features. I encourage you to sign up for the Cloud Tasks Alpha
<https://goo.gl/Ya0AZd> if you haven't already. Once whitelisted, you'll be
added to a private group where we're discussing all things Cloud Tasks
queues related. It will be a good place to get more up to date information
on our status and to provide us with additional details on your use cases.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/7c1da6c3-802e-464a-b183-a285b949891a%40googlegroups.com.