Last couple of days our app has started to behave strange, seems like our
instances are shut down very rapidly. Our low traffic default instance
could easily manage a whole day with just a few instances, until a couple
of days ago. Now it starts around 100 instances a day for no apparent
reason. A cron job is running at every half an hour, which should keep 1
instance alive all the time (or at least it used too), but now almost every
of these requests fires up a new instance indicating that there was no
instance running at all.

Now, has anyone else noticing more spawning instances than before?
It would be interesting to know why instances are shut down.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/516fb1ef-06b4-4937-8480-327dc5ccbe90%40googlegroups.com.