Nobody who sends email at volume will spend a penny per email. For 1MM
messages per month that would be $10k. At Sendgrid that’s $500.

It’s trivial to enqueue a task that sends an email to any of the hundred
other commodity email services on the internet, most of which give you
deliverability reporting and fancy graphs and custom IP addresses and
whatnot. They run on razor-thin margins and more companies are getting out
of the business than into it (eg Mandrill, Messagebus). It would be a
massive waste of engineering.

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADK-0ugmNjNYxya3MOF9SkhFe%2BAwnPrr38ZjnrtkB1AdbFOnYw%40mail.gmail.com.