Hello Patrick, I do not have personal experience with Laravel but I found
this community guide on how to Run Laravel on Google App Engine Flexible
Environment
<https://cloud.google.com/community/tutorials/run-laravel-on-appengine-flexible>

which demonstrates how you can use composer.json to run post-deploy
commands and this third-party package
<https://github.com/shpasser/GaeSupportL5> which offers a queue service
provider.

Having both Python and PHP installed on your instance might require you to
use a custom runtime
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/custom-runtimes/about-custom-runtimes>
 but
it is definitely feasible. As for having one of your instances fulfill a
different role than the others the simplest way is probably to run it as a
different service on App Engine, though if you have extensive needs for
precise control of your instances you might want to look into Container
Engine <https://cloud.google.com/container-engine/>.

I hope this helps! Let me know if I should expand on any part of this
answer.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2792cc4a-ffc9-4a85-ba74-2e0a8ad4eb95%40googlegroups.com.