I have the same problem, I think that I have a mapping in a old project and
I cant to map my new project with my custom domain, the error is "Custom
URL is already mapped to another project"

but I dont see the mapping in any other project (app engine, firebase,
cloud dns)

I am triying to unverified the domain, but it dont resolver my situation

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8f17d17d-63c6-4dd4-8982-68b2a9801d5e%40googlegroups.com.