Forgive me. I think I've misread the original question.

Anyway for anyone like me arriving here looking to secure HTTP access from
outside GAE, this is the way to go:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43238611/secure-http-trigger-for-cloud-functions-for-firebase

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:16 PM Thijs Koerselman <thijskoersel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The question was about securing HTTP access by checking traffic coming
> from a webapp. The X-Appengine-Inbound-Appid header only applies to
> requests from apps running *inside* the app engine environment calling
> other apps in the same environment.
>
> I was hoping to use the header too, but it can't be used for anything
> related to a web or mobile client calling your API.
>
> If anyone knows a nice solution to this I'd love to hear about it.
>
> So far the only solution I know is to send credentials in the Authenticate
> header and verify them, but this would create a lot of overhead for a
> simple REST api. I need to verify users agains a Firebase instance. Is
> there a way to issue a JWT token or something on Firebase login?
>
> Cheers,
> Thijs
>
> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 10:06:01 PM UTC+1, Evan Jones wrote:
>>
>> You can check the X-Appengine-Inbound-Appid header on requests coming it
>> to your service. On App Engine, it will be set by Google, so you can trust
>> it. Check that it matches the project(s) you expect, and return some HTTP
>> error if it doesn't match. See:
>>
>> https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/go/appidentity/
>>

>> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 2:39:13 PM UTC-5, Mateusz Haligowski
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi google-appengine,
>>> I started playing with GAE a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it.
>>> I created a bunch of REST services with Go and deployed them to GAE. I've
>>> also created a webapp that talks to my backend services.
>>>
>>> Now, I want to handle the user authentication with Auth0 on the webapp
>>> side, and came to realization that my backend services are publicly
>>> available. My question is: what is the approach to secure them? Is there
>>> any way to tell GAE "Accept only http(s) calling from other GAE services?".
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mateusz
>>>
>> --
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine.