Yes, I can confirm that I can deploy the app from the linked GitHub repo
and it can establish a database connection fine (this is the view I'm
testing with:
https://github.com/cdman/google-appengine-django-postgres-test/blob/master/mysite/urls.py#L29

- which does a "User.objects.count()").

Also, I don't think the region (europe-west) has anything to do with it
since I deployed / tested it myself in the europe-west region.

Perhaps you could try printing out (ie. logging or returning it in a view)
the values from os.listdir('/cloudsql') *in production* to see if your
postgres instance shows up there.

Attila

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/5e5af00e-a1ea-4ded-9dbe-661dbf804a33%40googlegroups.com.