I have a simple java application running on Google App Engine Standard
environment, which along with servlets, also contains static html, css and
js files.

It seems js files are always served with "content-type: text/plain". Even
when I create a new Hello App Engine application (doing this in Eclipse
through GCP plugin) and add a simple js file to the project and deploy. The
js file is served as content-type: text/plain.

Note that when I debug locally, the files is served as
application/javascript as expected. The issue only occurs on the deployed
version.

Here is the link to the file in the hello world application:

https://test2-dot-baruch-221323.appspot.com/test.js

This is using Java 8. Here is what web.xml file look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><web-app
xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee";
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee
         http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_1.xsd";
         version="3.1">
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>
  <mime-mapping>
    <extension>js</extension>
    <mime-type>application/javascript</mime-type>
  </mime-mapping></web-app>

What am I missing here? Other static files such as html and css come with
correct content type, js seems to be the only one with issue. Can you give
me some pointers on how to debug this?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/bda7a435-c5fa-4c46-bd1c-51851264b9f7%40googlegroups.com.