Hello George,
I want a powerful instance in the Google Cloud shell.  In burst mode it is
n1-standard instance.
I want to use this for building and deployment of the app to Google
appengine.

My app build time is approx about 12-15 min on my local machine with 12 GB
ram and i5 7gen, ssd.
The same build takes about 30 min on the n1-standard instance cloud shell.

Currently, my build is about building GWT module (about 20-25), and it
takes time to build each GWT module.

I want the cloud shell to take away my build work from my local machines.
Hence, I am looking for a better instance than n1-standard.

Hope I have shared enough information.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 6:42 AM 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via
Google App Engine <google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hello Rajesh,
>
> When you start Cloud Shell, it provisions a g1-small Google Compute Engine
> virtual machine running a Debian-based Linux operating system. There is no
> clearly-defined procedure to change this default behavior. You seem to need
> a higher instance. What is your exact need? How do you plan to use the
> higher instance? More detail is needed, than provided above, and a
> well-formulated and complete use case helps a lot in getting your issue, or
> feature request processed quickly and efficiently.
>
> This upgrade might in fact not be needed, as the g1-small instance
> offers bursting capabilities that allow instances to use additional
> physical CPU for short periods of time. Bursting happens automatically when
> your instance requires more physical CPU than originally allocated. This
> feature might address your needs.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6be6962a-b364-4dda-a1bb-50a8f6d89a87%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/6be6962a-b364-4dda-a1bb-50a8f6d89a87%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Rajesh
*www.GainERP.com <https://www.gainerp.com/>*
*Field Service Software on Google Cloud Platform and Mobile*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CA%2BS7ijY%3DUM41%2BEXPu0VozbwvvX8%2B_1dkG8xR4dcTs30ppVt08Q%40mail.gmail.com.