Hi Bradley,

It seems that  you have been affected by a known issue  and currently the
App Engine engineering team is working on a fix but  there is no ETA at the
moment.

Currently, there are two potential workarounds for this issue :

1.  Run the following gcloud command to add a custom domain to your
application:

gcloud app domain-mappings create DOMAIN
<https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/app/domain-mappings/create>

2.  Use the app.domainMappings.create
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/admin-api/reference/rest/v1beta/apps.domainMappings/create>

API method in the Admin API.

You may find more information regarding this by reviewing step 4 of the
following article
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/mapping-custom-domains#adding_a_custom_domain_for_your_application>
.

However, if the aforementioned workarounds didn’t help you to resolve the
issue please open a private issue on Issue Tracker
<https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new?component=491299&template=1161102>
with providing the output of gcloud command mentioned above with the verbosity
flag <https://cloud.google.com/sdk/gcloud/reference/#--verbosity> set to
DEBUG as this will help us to narrow down and inspect the issue further.

Thanks for your understanding.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/bfcda5f3-d5f9-4f8e-9d5a-c20f10b0483f%40googlegroups.com.