Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots! I’ve reproduced this and was able to confirm
that if you switch the App Engine Firewall rules to “Deny All” and then try
to granularly allow some IP address the app will return 403s.

This is most likely due to the internal App Engine infrastructure so I
would recommend IAP as your best current solution to communicate between
GAE services.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8c7eeca8-758b-4fd9-a194-3c77ca5708b4%40googlegroups.com.