Hi,

In order to have an user being able to view applications versions and
instances and also be able to monitor their performance without being able
to view the source code you would need to give them one of the predefined
roles
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/access-control#predefined_roles_comparison_matrix>

except for App Engine Code Viewer.

However if your client already has the project owner role
<https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/understanding-roles#primitive_role_definitions>

they will by default have the permissions to see and download the source
code.