Please Google don't deprecate anything.  Dont' introduce new parallel way
of doing things with new stuff and put the developers in confusion on the
dev roadmap.
Get  back mapreduce. If I write a simple SAAS that is serving few customers
and growing, why do I need  new and big and scary DataFlow technologies.
Dataflow is too enterprisish.

Following issues small companies faced for having been on Google appengine:

 - GWT is not promoted as it was 7-8 years ago
- Image API was deprecated.  It was so hard for finding equivalent things
for low cost.
- Mapreduce is made open source and not promoted.  Mapreduce itself went
two api iterations and then finally parked away as open source.
- A bunch of new things equivalent to what is available on appengine with
new terms like 'cloud tasks'', 'cloud datastore' etc.

Lastly, give good and easy migration UI tools for making bulk schema
changes.
Improve documentation.

--
Rajesh