Hello Amogh,

You are perfectly right, log-based metrics do enjoy real-time behavior:
"Combine the power of Cloud Logging with BigQuery for advanced analysis and
use log-based metrics to build real-time Cloud Monitoring dashboards", as
indicated on the "Cloud Logging" documentation page
<https://cloud.google.com/logging>.

On Tuesday, 04 May 2021 at 17:56:21 UTC-4 amo...@pncl.tech wrote:

> This is very helpful, thanks Yanan. We were trying to do something similar
> with the Trace reports, but those seem to be static only and don't update
> in realtime. Can we expect the logs based metrics to have realtime
> reporting? Is there any delay expected from the time a log entry gets
> written to the time it gets accounted for in the metrics computed and shown?
>
> Regards,
>
> Amogh
>
> Sent via Superhuman <https://sprh.mn/?vip=amo...@pncl.tech>
>

> On Sun, May 02, 2021 at 3:52 PM, yananc <yan...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So my understanding is that you would like to have the stat metrics by
>> URL paths in App Engine. It will be helpful to explore ‘logs-based
>> metrics’ <https://cloud.google.com/logging/docs/logs-based-metrics> to
>> set up and group the metrics you desired. Hope it helps!
>>
> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 9:09:09 AM UTC-4 amo...@pncl.tech wrote:
>>
> Thanks for you response Yanan!
>>>
>>> Here's what I'm looking for. Say my appengine instance is hosted on
>>> website.com and exposes the following routes
>>> website.com/api/search
>>> website.com/api/posts