Numbers aren't supporting me as well
:D https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=python,javascript -
somehow JS is dying while Python is thriving

But my point is, I loved App Engine because it was agile and practical,
with JS and the new unleashed services, the experience is just incredible,
apart from the regular flexibility, no more python platform-specific bugs
and quirks to constantly chase, you have npm and your package.json and it
just works anywhere!

However the new services aren't designed and documented as well, a concrete
example is NodeJS datastore and the "Already Exists" exception, in the docs
that I've read a while ago, there was no exception handling, it's not that
hard to manually reproduce this exception and handle it, but still, it
would be nice to have all the exception codes in one place, as the new JS
library isn't really transactional like ndb was, it doesn't auto retry etc.
- so most of the implementation is up to the user now - and after
experiencing the Python2/NDB era and that masterpiece level design, the new
JS counterparts just make you want to cry