On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Florent Georges <fgeor...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have an open-source project an begin seriously to wonder if I
> should not migrate to Google's Project Hosting.  Managing my own
> server is time- and money-consuming, and yet I do not have all
> the nice features you provide, like the issue tracking system
> with links to the repository and code reviewing.
>
>  The problem is that I already have Subversion repositories and
> I do not want to loose the history.  I know I can migrate one
> existing repository, but actually I do have 4 of them.  Those
> repositories correspond to sub- projects, so that would make
> sense to have them in separate projects (e.g. for access control,
> as I do not think Google PH does provide anything else than
> read/write permission for the entire repo).
>
>  On the other hand, there will be benefit to be able to make
> links from one projects to another (for instance in bug tracking
> and code review).
>
>  So my question is: is there any technical solution here, or
> have I anyway to create 4 GPH projects?

Every user starts out with a lifetime project creation limit (I think it's
twenty-five these days?) so yes, one solution is to simply create separate
Subversion projects, one per Subversion repository.
We do, however, support multiple project
repositories<http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2009/10/mercurial-server-side-clone-support-for.html>for
projects that use the Mercurial version control system, and if you had
any inclination to switch to Mercurial you could use a conversion tool (such
as HgSubversion) to convert your Subversion repositories to Mercurial
repositories and then keep them all within one Mercurial project (with one
wiki, one issue tracker, one common downloads page, and so forth).
It's up to you.
-Nathaniel