On Friday, January 16, 2009 5:29:35 PM UTC-6, Jacob Lee wrote:

> If you want to disable syntax highlighting, you can use <pre></pre>
> tags instead of {{{ }}}. The generic code prettification sometimes
> trips on certain languages, especially ones that allow single quotes
> in variable names.

found a way to turn off highlighting by enclosing code !!

<code language="xml">

IN THIS AREA I PLACE THE CODE SNIPPET
your non xml code is turned off
the code I use has no xml
so I suggest find a language that uses none
of the syntax your code uses and it won't get detected
and falsely colored

</code>

Of course there should have been a no highlight option
built in  but until then this work around is an option

Joe