Thanks for reporting the 'Jar Of Beans' project.  I was looking for a
competent Android emulator earlier today and located the very same XDA
thread, along with a few others that lead me to believe that not only
should this application be banned, but "UnrealManu" (the author) should be
banned from XDA, and should face cybercrimes charges for surreptitiously
attempting to infect the systems of all who downloaded his installer.

Personally, I think it's a shame that the author of that software lives in
Italy, because if he lived in the US, he would be facing jail time for this.

I haven't personally downloaded his app, partly because it was pulled
before I discovered the forum discussion where he pulled it because no one
was willing to install his spyware, but mostly because it appears that the
author knowingly implanted the malware into his installer and then goes on
the throw a fit about it.  One of the forum posts made a perfect point in
saying "Why didn't you simply charge money for it, if you were wanting
money?  Adding Spyware is no way to get that" (I'm paraphrasing here, from
memory, so that was the gist, but not the literal text).  Another user
mentioned something  in regards to "why was he releasing a project like
that on XDA, when XDA is a sight for open source projects?", which I also
totally agree with.  I've been an open source advocate and user for nearly
20 years now, and there's very little in this community that angers me more
than when someone tries to subvert our cause, knowingly or not, by offering
malware in the guise of Open Source or Free software.  It's bad for the
community and bad for the movement as a whole.  I know first hand, because
I work as a systems engineer for a state government, and I've often had to
go on the the record in defense of choosing Open Source software for
projects where it was a much more capable and appropriate fit than any
available commercial-ware.

So again, thank you.  :)