Anybody out there...?

From: Verbeek, H.M.W.
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:20 AM
To: 'google-code-hosting@googlegroups.com'
Cc: Dongen, B.F. van; Buijs, J.C.A.M.
Subject: Question on license issue

Dear,

A question on license issues on Google Code.

We (that is, the Eindhoven University of Technology) have developed a piece of
software that we are distributing using the CPL license. We have to use the CPL
license because we are using third party libraries that actually use this viral
license.

However, on Google Code there is a project available that actually contains our
software, but is licensed (without our consent) using the GPL license. As the
GPL license is also viral, clearly there is a conflict here. One cannot simple
take a piece of CPL licensed code and distribute it using the GPL license.

Could you please tell me what the policy of Google Code is in such a situation?

Kind regards,

Eric Verbeek.