On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Bartholomew Furrow <fur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Per rules you have to solve at least one small and one large input,
>> not score >=33 pts.
>>
>> While this seems to be same - ACRush. (with dot) will or will not
>> advance based on this.
>> Per current rules he will not (and there is nothing in rules that say
>> that Google can change them).
>

> My sense is that a large is "at least" a small, and so a large and a large
> is at least a large and a small.  This isn't the official, final decision,
> though; I'll update this thread when I'm sure.

I've checked with our lawyers, and this person can not advance.  The point
is moot, however, as he registered under an obviously false name, and he's
been eliminated for that reason.  To be clear, I think the person who did
this was making a valuable point about a disagreement between the T&Cs and
our posted information about getting "at least 33 points", which we'll fix
next year.  I also think anyone providing such an obviously false name was
not expecting to win anything, so I don't feel bad about eliminating him.
:-)

Sorry for the mix-up -- we'll do better next time.
Bartholomew