On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10:17:39 AM UTC-7, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> In my original e-mail I also asked about the "-pthread" option
> for C/C++, but got no answer yet. Are you encouraging the use of
> multi-threaded code for Google Code Jam solutions?

At least in the qualification round, our submissions were sandboxed on a single
core (at least, I got no measurable performance increase by running multiple
threads or processes).  Although I previously relied on using multiple cores (8
cores of Javascript is about as performant as one of C++, so on the problems
with tight limits, I could use my language of choice without needing an
algorithmicly superior solution as I would in C++), I think it's probably
better for the competition to not give a benefit to using multi-process/thread
solutions - there's the Distributed Code Jam for that ;).