On Friday, 26 April 2019 06:30:09 UTC-4, DahliaSR  wrote:
> Hey Jeremy,
>

> have a look into the source code of the interactive_runner and the
> testing_tool.
> they tell you how to use them:
>

> For Test Set 0 in the testing_tool:
>     py interactive_runner.py py testing_tool.py 0 -- py plzwork.py
>

> For Test Set 1 in the testing_tool:
>
>     py interactive_runner.py py testing_tool.py 1 -- py plzwork.py
>

> Am Do., 25. Apr. 2019 um 13:30 Uhr schrieb Jeremy Yip <jum....@gmail.com>:
> Hey guys, was just looking to get some help with how to run the local testing
> tool before round 2 - much appreciated!
>

> As below I am using the Golf Gophers testing tool from Code Jam 2019 Round 1A:
>
> The testing tool is called testing_tool.py
>
> Interactive runner is interactive_runner.py
>
> My solution is plzwork.py
>

> All of these are in the same folder (\codejam)
>
> It seems that once I have navigated to the correct directory I can run each
> one individually:
>
> e.g. typing plzwork.py will run my script
>
> typing testing_tool.py 1 will run the second test set etc.
>

> If I try to run python3 plzwork.py or python interactive_runner.py it doesn't
> work.
>

> I've tried to run interactive_runner.py testing_tool.py 1 -- plzwork.py but
> get some [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
>

> If anybody has any ideas would appreciate some help!
>

> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-code/feacd2ce-1418-42f0-b1ac-16605155df76%40googlegroups.com.

Hi Jeremy and Dahlia,

I am entirely new to the Google Code Jam, and I have issues with the
interactive problems. So if my solution is in the file solution-PP.py, and I
run the following command:
python interactive_runner.py python testing_tool.py 1 -- python solution-PP.py,
here is what is printed on the command line:
Judge return code: 0
Judge standard error:
Solution return code: 0
Solution standard error:

Am I running the right sentence? I looked at interactive_runner.py and
testing_tool.py, but I have problems understanding threads so I am not sure
what should be printed. Is this print ok? I did run my solution on the website
and it is accepted. I find deceiving because this doesn't seem to give any
valuable information if I want to debug. In particular, it shows none of the
results that are calculated.

Thank you both very much for posting these messages.