No, it doesn't show up on that feed either.  I just lost another
spreadsheet into the black  hole so it must have something to do with
the way I'm using the API.  I believe that, in both cases, the
document was placed in the trash before it disappeared from the docs
list (which makes sense but why is it still showing up in the
spreadsheets list?).  Second problem document is:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/feeds/spreadsheets/t9FfANaNmxT6X-4hx_dk0OA