Owner: ----

New issue 810 by doctormi...@gmail.com: welcome-file-list is ignored. 404 not found error returned
http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/issues/detail?id=810

Description of the issue:
I am using Guice filter to wrap servlet declaration. I specified the welcome-file-list in this way:
<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>home</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Here it is my web.xml:
<filter>
                <filter-name>guiceFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter</filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>guiceFilter</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

        <listener>
                <listener-class>it.micheleorsi.IoCConfiguration</listener-class>
        </listener>

In the IoCConfigration I have:
serve("/home").with(BrowserAuthentication.class);

Once I try to access the root path (/) I got 404 not found error.
If I specify the root in IoCConfiguration it works:
serve("/home", "/").with(BrowserAuthentication.class);