Hello,

There is an open GH issue to add support for
javax.transaction.Transactional, but the OP ran into the issue that
javax.transaction-api is compiled with Java 1.7, where-as guice-persist is
compiled with Java 1.6:

https://github.com/google/guice/issues/797

Someone on the GH issue suggested posing the following question to the
mailing list (and I can't see that it's already been asked):

I personally would be OK with making the persist extension require Java7 at
> a minimum -- I think we've kept Java6 primarily for folks still using it on
> Android, but it's unlikely that Android folks are using the persist
> extension. *Maybe send an email to the user list and ask if anyone has
> objections to making Java7 a minimum req for the persist extension?*

For the record, I am not just a messenger, but am also interested in having
guice-persist support javax.transaction.Transactional (with or without
bumping to Java 7).

Thanks,
Max

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/8db611b9-1af0-4235-8243-3c00b8227dd8%40googlegroups.com.