Hi there,

I have the following Guice binding in my application.

bind(Reader.class)
    .annotatedWith(DictionarySourceReader.class)
    .toProvider(DictionarySourceProvider.class);

DictionarySourceProvider will provide a FileReader object, which will be
injected to a DictionarySourceParser.

public class DictionarySourceParser {

    private Reader sourceReader;

    @Inject
    DictionarySourceParser(@DictionarySourceReader Reader sourceReader) {
        this.sourceReader = sourceReader;
    }

    public List<DictionaryEntry> parse() {

        // Parsing entries from the reader ....

        return entries;
    }
}

I have two questions:

   1. When DictionarySourceParser is done with the Reader, who has the
responsibility to close the reader? Should the parser be responsible?
   2. Is it a commonplace to inject a resource that should be cleaned-up after
(e.g. Closable)? In general, who has the responsibility for the clean-up?

Cheers,
Andree

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/bc764248-c00d-47c2-8207-2fd45087b352%40googlegroups.com.