Hi all,

We're working on quite a big project, already using dependency injection in
90% of the places, but without a framework. After having to modify 33 files
just to add one dependency into one deeply nested class, I'm convinced that
we should use a DI framework. Google Guice is one of the candidates. I've
read the guide and learned about scopes, but one thing that is unclear to
me is the following.

What we have is something like this. Class A, that contains one or more
objects of type B, that each contain a reference to the same object of type
C. My question is about C. You might think that C should be a singleton,
but actually it's a bit more complex. The scope of C depends on A. Hence,
for each A there should be one C. And all the B's in that A instance should
have a reference to that instance of C, while all the B's in the other A's
instance, should have a reference to the other C instance.

So something like this:

a1 -> b1 -> c1
a1 -> b2 -> c1
a1 -> b3 -> c1

a2 -> b4 -> c2
a2 -> b5 -> c2
a2 -> b6 -> c2

Is this possible using Guice? How would one do this?

Regards,

Tonni Tielens

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/c2184ab4-6a4f-40e2-92f5-c1ed36e34863%40googlegroups.com.