That is a verification error thrown by the java reflection apis.  that
implies that there is something wrong with the class file (and it just
happens that guice is the first bit of code to notice).   Most likely your
class file is simply corrupted

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/CAO9V1MJErAbWp0XbgUk1Mhf0rBfSBxGA_7xOhZH1YWVC_dGH9Q%40mail.gmail.com.