In one of our projects we are binding an implementation in RequestScope.
But when this is run from a background thread, it fails with the exception
below.

Error in custom provider, com.google.inject.OutOfScopeException: Cannot
access scoped object.
Either we are not currently inside an HTTP Servlet request, or you may have
forgotten to apply
com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter as a servlet filter for this request.

Can I bind different implementations based on the scope ? I want to provide
one implementation in RequestScope and other implementation in another
scope.

Is there a way to configure Guice to ignore these errors silently.

Currently I am thinking of the naive way of, try/catch all the usage of
this object, which is far too many and there are new interactions with this
object.

I run my project inside Google App Engine, if that matters.

Thanks,
Arun.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/2238b96f-0b42-408b-8bbb-08d58f3a0d1a%40googlegroups.com.