We are in the process of upgrading to Guice 4.2.2 from 4.1.0 and found that
a cyclic reference that was previously handled now throws a provisioning
exception. While we have various options to address this we are struggling
to figure out if we have an issue anywhere else in our code base (which is
quite large and makes heavy use of Guice).

So first question is does anyone know what might have changed that would at
least help us look for certain patterns in our code? Secondly, is anyone
aware of a static analysis approach to detecting circular references?

Thanks.