To implement integration of javascript component which require JSON
feed of calendar and my application I've written java JsonWriter
implementation which extends
com.google.gdata.util.common.xml.XmlWriter.

It can be used as:
CalendarEventFeed calendarEventFeed = //load or contruct your feed or
other object of com.google.gdata.data.BaseFeed<F,E>

JsonWriter jsonWriter = new JsonWriter(response.getWriter(), "UTF-8");
jsonWriter.setDefaultNamespace(Namespaces.atomNs);
//some additional configuration, register namespaces, etc.
calendarEventFeed.generateAtom(jsonWriter, extensionProfile);

the output result will be the JSON feed which can be read by
javascript gdata api (so looks like it valid)

I don't find anything except that draft comparison
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/json.html#Background

I suppose that kind of transformation can be intresting to build
google-compatible JSON feeds from custom data.
Does anybody knows if GData Json feed has any specification ?

Is anybody interested in that writer, and how it could be submited it
for review by GData team?

Regards,
Andrey Chorniy
http://achorniy.blogspot.com/