Hi,

I've found the same problem as a user of Android apps (Picasa Tool/Tool for
Google Photos; PicsPro etc). These apps can't access *shared* albums, but
they can access regular new albums created in Google Photos. So as a user
(not a developer), my workaround has been to ALWAYS create a new album (not
shared album) and THEN adjust the sharing features to share with people. My
apps have no problem seeing these albums, even though the sharing
preferences have been altered since they were first created.

I'm not sure whether this helps you in your situation, but I have noticed
that as long as I create a new album NOT as a shared album, but rather,
create it then share later, the older apps designed for Picasa still see
them fine. I have had no luck, however, with an album that was created
specifically as a shared album to begin with. My apps just don't see these
albums. (So, I've actually created an entire second, duplicated album
specifically so these apps can see an album identical to the album I
wanted.)

Again, I'm not a developer, but maybe letting you know what I've noticed as
a user of apps might help you going forward.