Hi there,

I'm trying to create a google sheet via the json api.

I found that, as the data grows, I quickly get the following
error: "Request payload size exceeds the limit: 10485760 bytes".

The data set is not even that big, neither is the http request, which is
zipped. But I found out that the limit is based on the uncompressed JSON.

As we know, JSON is very repetitive and verbose, and because we update
quite a few properties on each cell, this can lead to a substantial JSON
payload, larger than 10MB, even for a dataset not all that large.

Note I took a look at the JSON sent and it seems to only contain the
properties that are actually set, which is a good thing but it means I
can't optimize there...

The CSV with the same data (but no styling of course) is 300 kb and I can
import it fine using the Google Sheet GUI.

So my question is how do I get around this problem?

My initial reaction would be to split up the request into multiple requests
to populate the sheet bit by bit.

Is this a good idea? Are there any good techniques to do that? Or maybe a
different way altogether?

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Clement