Hi Folks, i`m also one of the really PISSED-OFF users, allways getting anoyed by the translation Pop-Up Thing. I hate toolbars and i am definitely not going to install the google toolbar just to disable this particular feature(?).
@Google Guys Please think over it. If you just offer this service im confident there will be a lot of thankfull users BUT please DON'T FORCE us all. Give us a choice. Until you present a solution, here is my hint for all other who dont want to wait. It's pretty simple, just add the following to your hosts file: 127.0.0.1 translate.googleapis.com (you can find the hosts file here: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc \hosts) If you are using vista or Windows 7 you need to open Notepad with "Administrative-Rights" then open the file, add the line and save the file. !! Make sure you save the file without any extention eg. .txt or something!! Thats it now close your browser, do a ipconfig /flushdns from the commandline or just reboot your computer and thats it Translate is gone. Cheers Ingo On 12 Mai, 16:47, srp wrote: > I am not using the Google toolbar but I use the full screen Google > search pagehttp://www.google.ca/as an entry page. > > I am fed up with an extra "Google Translation" bar always appearing > above the pages I visit that are in various languages, offering me the > possibility of translating. > > This always shifts the page down by about half an inch a few second > after the page comes up. Quite frustrating. > > I found no way todisablethis automatic feature. > > Does someone know how todisablethis short of completely dumping > Google out? > > I want to have the choice of requesting translation if I need it and I > seldom do. > > Otherwise it will be bye bye Google. > > Thanks for any help > > Andre > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "General" group. > To post to this group, send email to [email address]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email address]. > For more options, visit this group > athttp://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "General" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.
