I am having trouble with Google translate in Hungarian. The translator
does not recognize any of the accents (diacritical marks), which is
really problematic for Hungarian. I have also tried it with German,
just to see... same problem. This happens whether I copy and paste,
use my keyboard, or use the keypad in Google translate. This is a new
problem (a few days) and appears in Firefox, Chrome and IE8. Maybe it
is me? I have only tried this on my laptop... If anyone else can test
this, try entering:

Köszönöm szépen. Boldog Új Évet!  This should translate as Thank you
very much. Happy New Year! If you enter the English, it is translated
correctly into Hungarian. If you enter the Hungarian you get this:
KĂśszĂśnĂśm szĂŠpen. Happy raises the j! (in Chrome) or Number KÃ ¶ ¶
¶ na m © pen number. All times are happy à ‰ vet! (in IE8)

Or, Wörterbuch auf deutsch. Scheiße! which gives "WÃ ¶ dictionary in
German. Scheiße!"

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.

Reply via email to