Hey Josh,

It's working smoothly again, thanks. Yes I have my keyboard set to one
of the Arabic arrangements.  Also, the alignment didn't always switch
as I set the language. It does now.

Side note - there's a lot of language, I'm sure, that you all are
working on; you should add the various Arabic dialects to that bunch.
The slight adjustments in verb conjugation and syntax probably
wouldn't be too hard to reproduce by tweaking some of the algorithms
for MSA, and the additional vocabulary would be even easier.

Thanks, google translate is becoming more legitimate every day, it
seems,
Byron

On Feb 14, 3:16 pm, Josh (Google Employee) wrote:
> Hi Byron,
>
> I've been able to reproduce it.
> We're working on a fix.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Best,
> Josh Estelle
> Senior Software Engineer
> Google Translate
>
> On Feb 14, 10:09 am, Josh (Google Employee) wrote:
>
> > Hi Byron,
>
> > Hmmm, I'm not sure.  I cannot reproduce the issue you mention.  You
> > may want to check to see if you're using our "Allow phonetic typing"
> > feature or our virtual keyboards.  If I'm understanding correctly
> > you've set your computers actual keyboard settings to Arabic,
> > correct?  In which case you shouldn't need either of those two
> > features.
>
> > However, Translate shouldn't be changing the alignment of the input
> > box except for when you change your language to or from a right-to-
> > left language.
>
> > If you can give any more details on how to reproduce this issue I'll
> > try to look further at it.
>
> > Best,
> > Josh Estelle
> > Senior Software Engineer
> > Google Translate
>
> > On Feb 13, 10:44 am, Byron بايرن wrote:
>
> > > When I type at a regular pace, and my keyboard is set to Arabic
> > > characters, instead of the characters appearing on the screen, the
> > > caret switches from left- to right- adjusted for each button click.
> > > However, if I hold down a key, it switches the adjustment once, and
> > > then, after a short time, characters start appearing on the screen as
> > > they normally would if a button were to be held down. Typing
> > > phonetically has no issues.  Typing in text edit with Arabic
> > > characters has no issues.  I've tried restarting firefox, switching to
> > > latin and then back to Arabic characters, and various other things
> > > that shouldn't make a difference, and nothing helps.  I have never had
> > > this problem before. What could possibly be causing this?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.

Reply via email to