Goede morgen Cortney,

I have no idea and I had posted the same question some time ago, no
reactions so nobody seems interested in this subject. Perhaps Google
does not want to improve?

Gruß!
Robert

On 11 okt, 22:08, Cortney Schaefer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to request that Google change the translation of one word in
> their Google Translator program.  I tried following the instructions on the
> help page but I was not offered the option of suggesting a better
> translation as it said I would be.  So I'm not if this is the right place to
> post this but hopefully somebody can help me.
>
> Every time someone enters the word "Deutsch" into the Google Translate box
> (http://translate.google.com/#), and then ask the translator to translate it
> from English to German, the translator translates it to "English".  Now
> obviously Deutsch is not an English word but I don't understand why it could
> not just remain as "Deutsch" when translated to German in this program.  If
> you ask the program to translate "Deutsch Langhaars" from German to English,
> it translate it as "German Longhairs".  So how can it be fixed so that the
> translation remains the same no matter what language you are translating
> back and forth between?
>
> I know this may not seem like a big deal but I have recently received many
> complaints about it from my German friends.  I belong to a club that breeds
> Deutsch Langhaars (a breed of German hunting dog) here in America.  And
> often when a German national tries to view our websites, they use Google
> Translate to interpret out site.  And they are very upset because they think
> we are calling their dogs "English Langhaars".  Can you please help me?  
> Thanks!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.

Reply via email to