Hi David,
can you provide some extra info about the visualization you're using and/or
an example page showing the problem?

I created this quick example: http://jsfiddle.net/7JLQ3/1/ that contains a
chart placed in the middle of a very long page, updating every 5 seconds. I
can't reproduce your problem: when the chart redraws the scrolling position
is unaffected.

-- R.