I don't know of any examples of using XML to load data for the
Visualization API.  Basically, you would need to write an AJAX function to
get the data, parse it into an XMLDocument object, and then parse the
document object to pull out the data and input it into a DataTable.  jQuery
has a lot of built-in functionality to handle this kind of stuff; I expect
other libraries do as well.  Here's a basic example that I think should
work:

$.ajax({
    url: 'myXML.xml',
    dataType: 'xml',
    success: function (xml) {
        var data = new google.visualization.DataTable();
        data.addColumn('string', 'Name');
        data.addColumn('number', 'Value');

        $('row', xml).each(function () {
            var name = $('name', this).text();
            var value = parseInt($('value', this).text());
            data.addRow([name, value]);
        });

        var chart = new
google.visualization.LineChart(document.querySelector('#chart_div'));
        chart.draw(data, {
            height: 400,
            width: 600
        });