For the benefit of others and to avoid confusion: Google maintains a
server-side API called the Chart Tools API, and a client-side API called
the Google Visualization API or Google Charts API.  This forum is almost
exclusively about the *client-side* API.

Years ago we announced the year 2015 deprecation of the *server-side* API.
 That's the one where you provide a URL to chart.apis.google.com and get a
chart back.  That's what this post is about.

The decision to deprecate the Chart Tools API was made a long time ago.
 Since then we've seen many posts like JavaJive's.  And so, while I am
explicitly not promising anything, I will say that we anticipate having a
server-side solution very similar, if not identical, to the Chart Tools
API.  We would love to "undeprecate" the server-side API, but need to be
careful since there might be some features we can't continue to maintain
under whatever new system we create.

I'll put it this way: if I didn't work for Google, and had a commercial
service based on the Chart Tools API, I would sit tight and wait to see
what Google does.  Personally, I will be very disappointed if we can't
support simple charts like the Signal Profile feature at JavaJive's site,
which is pretty cool.

We'll update this list when we know more.  It'll be a few months.

Jon
Google