Hi Pasha,

There is a new 'auraColor' option that you can include in any of the
'textStyle' options to control this shadow color.  It may be that the
auraColor ought to be the same as the background color, even if it is
transparent.  We'll have to check why it is white and decide whether that
is correct.

We are in the process of pushing out a new release, but we rolled it back
due to a different problem, so you should see the previous behavior again.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Pasha Bitz <pavelb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Starting today, for column and line charts, I'm seeing a shadow around the
> hAxis labels.
> The color of the shadow is the same as the value of the chart's
> backgroundColor property.
> However, I'm setting the value of backgroundColor to "transparent" and in
> this case the shadow is white.
> Any ideas how to control the color of this shadow separately from
> backgroundColor?
> Thanks!
>
> To reproduce:
> html:
> <script type="text/javascript" src="
> https://www.google.com/jsapi?autoload={'modules':[{'name':'visualization
> ','version':'1','packages':['corechart']}]}"></script>
>
> css:
> body {
>     background-color: #000;
> }
>
> js:
>   google.setOnLoadCallback(drawChart);
>       function drawChart() {
>         var data = google.visualization.arrayToDataTable([
>           ['Year', 'Sales', 'Expenses'],
>           ['2004',  1000,      400],
>           ['2005',  1170,      460],
>           ['2006',  660,       1120],
>           ['2007',  1030,      540]
>         ]);
>
>         var options = {
>           title: 'Company Performance',
>           vAxis: {title: 'Year',  titleTextStyle: {color: 'green'}},
>             backgroundColor:'transparent'
>         };
>
>         var chart = new
> google.visualization.BarChart(document.getElementById('chart_div'));
>
>         chart.draw(data, options);
>       }
>
> --
> Visit this group at