Ken, comments inline.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Ken Burkhalter <kenburkhal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks all for the replies.
>
> I have no problem charting manually entered data [as you had suggest Jon],
> my issue is in grabbing data from a file on my web server and charting it.
>
> I tried your code suggestions Sergey, but am still coming up with a blank
> screen.
>
> My code is shown below, hopefully someone can spot what I am doing wrong,
> rather than trying to give a verbal explanation of what to do.
>
> Sergey note I was unsure what the values should be in the csvColumns
> parameter. Since a search didn't reveal the definitions of the cvsColumns
> parameter, I assumed that 'number' meant there were number values in each
> column (which is true).
>
> Does there need to be a 'number' value stated for each column in the data
> array (a csv file with three [column] entries per line.)  In which case my
> my parameter should be csvColumns: ['number', 'number', 'number']

Right.

> Also at the end of the csvColumns line, in your code sample, the code used
> a "," (coma),  Should that have really been a semi-colon (;) ?

Nope, a comma.

>   <head>
>    <script src="https://www.google.com/jsapi";> </script>
>    <script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.1.min.js";> </script>
>    <script src="jquery.csv-0.71.js"> </script>
>
>    <script>
>       google.load("visualization", "1", {packages:["corechart"]});
>       google.setOnLoadCallback(drawChart);
>   /////////////
> var csvURL = "http://192.168.1.90/tempsD1.txt";
> var queryOptions = {
> csvColumns: ['number', 'number' /* Or whatever the columns in the CSV file
> are */],
> csvHasHeader: false /* This should be false if your CSV file doesn't have
> a header */
> }
>
> var query = new google.visualization.Query(csvUrl, queryOptions);
>
> query.send(handleQueryResponse);
>
> function handleQueryResponse(response) {
>
> if (response.isError()) {
> alert('Error in query: ' + response.getMessage() + ' ' +
> response.getDetailedMessage());
> return;
> }
>
>   var data = response.getDataTable();
>  /

You have a syntax error here because of the single slash on a line by
itself.  That's why you're seeing a blank screen.

(How do I know this?  I cut and pasted your code and opened it up in my
browser. You can tell what's going on in your browser by looking at the
JavaScript console, which you can open up via your browser's menu.)

Jon