Again, Richard, the issue isn't the decimal places, it is the leading 0's.
You can enter "1.00" with no issues, but not "01.00". That said, your
decimal places aren't really giving you anything, since 1.00 === 1. There
is absolutely no reason to specify them.

It is perfectly reasonable to use numbers to represent the number of
minutes/seconds/hours/days passed since a certain event, but we also
support a number of ways to represent dates and times. You can find the
documentation for those here:
https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/datesandtimes

Please be aware that date formatting is currently broken for Material
Charts, and timeofday doesn't really format itself properly if it spans for
longer than a day. These issues should be fixed with the next release.