So you are looking at something like this:
https://www.google.com/finance?q=indexdjx:.dji,indexsp:.inx,indexnasdaq:.ixic
What I see is that whenever there is more than one stock, it switches to
show percentage values on the vertical axis instead, and the chart always
shows all stocks starting from 0% at the left edge of the chart (or the
nearest data point anyway).  This 0% starting-point is reset for every
interaction that changes the view window, including clicking the zoom
buttons or adjusting the range selector.

There is no rescaling of series values in this way in the AnnotationChart,
though I can see it would be a useful feature.  I don't see an easy way for
you to implement this on top of the current chart features either.  At
best, you would have to define a 'rangechange' event handler that rescales
the data for each range change, and I'm not sure it would do the right
thing even if you tried.

We'll consider it for the future, however.   Feel free to post to
https://code.google.com/p/google-visualization-api-issues/issues/list so
other users can add their support for this feature request.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 11:49 AM, mhjp <mhpalmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm want to emulate the "compare" capability in the annotation charts in
> Google Finance. When comparing two stocks, you need them to start from the
> same basis point. Google Finance very nicely re-bases the data when you
> zoom on a shorter time period. Is there any built in functionality to
> easily implement this? Thanks!
>
> On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 1:26:22 PM UTC-4, Daniel LaLiberte wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I don't know what you mean by indexing the series to 100.  If it involves
>> changing your data in any way, you would need to create your own zoom
>> buttons that change the data and redraw.  If you only want to change how
>> the same data is displayed when the zoom buttons are clicked, there is an
>> undocumented feature that lets you customize what the zoom buttons do, in
>> terms of the range of data they select.    Here is a message about it:
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/google-
>> visualization-api/zoombuttons/google-visualization-api/
>> pzZoRUn5oLA/uF090YIdegIJ
>>
>> If you mean something else, please provide some more details, and I'll be
>> happy to try to help you.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM, mhjp <mhpal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm very nicely showing two stock price timeseries on an Annotation
>>> chart. For comparison purposes, both series are indexed to 100 at the
>>> initial start date. I'd like to turn on the zoom buttons. Is there a way to
>>> re-index to 100 at the start date of the zoomed on period?
>>>
>>> Thanks, mike
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel LaLiberte <https://plus.google.com/100631381223468223275?prsrc=2>