I've got a simple "A to B" Sankey diagram, with 50+ rows of data. So,
rather than assigning a different color to each node (way too many), I
would like to display one color for all of the ("From") source nodes and a
second color for all of the ("To") target nodes. I feel like there's a way
to do it with the colorMode, but I don't know what 'category' means or how
to control it.

var options = {sankey: {node: {colorMode: 'category', colors: ['cd0000']}

I would also like to be able to sort/order the nodes in descending size. I
don't think there's any way to do it in the code, but maybe some way to
organize the data?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-visualization-api/c64c3796-dfad-4c21-af74-9d41ad96076f%40googlegroups.com.